The Weasel Clan

The Weasel Clan

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Dam Trip

I know, questionable title. Sorry. In my family it is a little bit of a joke. When I was a girl we used to ride The Dalles Dam Train. On this trip we stayed at the Masinga Dam Resort. We traveled to territory new to all of us, yes, including Brian. The trip was a combination of getting away from city life and Brian getting to see something he has read about during his time in the archives. It was both relaxing and very tiring, in the sense that whenever you are in a new bed you don't sleep all that well. Aside from that we woke up early to head to the Reserve in hopes of seeing some elephants. That night we were lucky enough to have neighbors that played their music, and sang, for us until three in the morning. All was not lost though. I found that the farther away we got from Nairobi the more relaxed I felt. While I worried a bit about snakes-a first for me-and the kids getting too close to the water, not for fear or drowning mind you but fear of crocodiles and hippos I found that I felt comfortable and at ease during this trip.



This weekend found me doing a lot of soul searching. Surprise!! I remember something I read some time ago. That a change of pace and change of place can put you in a position to see more clearly the path marked out for you. Please keep in mind I just paraphrased that and totally butchered it. It just helped me to remember that my purpose right now is to be the best wife and mother I can be. I will fall short at times and will never be perfect. When we were at home I was always searching for something else. Maybe school, maybe a job, please just something else. I still think there is something but I think the biggest thing is my family. I also think on a small scale when it comes to helping humanity. I am a one person at a time person, too large of a scale and I get overwhelmed. Perhaps some day I will find my "other" calling. I have determined that I will not get bogged down with to much other stuff and just focus on where I need to be right now and leave plenty of room for God to call me where He wants me.




Hippo foot print


"Where is the crocodile"

Alaina "flying"

In a past life I was going to be a photo journalist. This weekend I felt the old desire to take photos. I can remember taking pictures way back when and having a love for photography. I also have loved writing but found that I have not had the patience to really hone my skills on either of these things. Foe me pictures tell a story and mark history far better than I can with words. Though I have to say that I love writing things and looking back over them years later. What a great way to make a mark on this life. So now I have found two things that I truly enjoy (other than the hubby and the kids...and food). I am pleased to share both my pictures and my thoughts with you and that you read them and I assume enjoy.




I am truly blessed by all of you in my life! Please pray for continued growth and change in my and all our lives here. The half marathon is now a little less than three weeks away, please pray that I have peace about it and that our travel is safe. Please pray for Brian and his continued research and writing. Thank you for all of your prayer and support so far!! I look forward to seeing you all very soon.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Peggy. Trying to figure out how to post a comment. This is a test;if it works, then I'll write again soon. Bless you...

    ~Tim Rohrer

    ReplyDelete