The Weasel Clan

The Weasel Clan

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Obsession

As I was unpacking the boxes at our house I realized two things; one is that most of the boxes had "Peggi's Stuff" written on them. I was going to say that I fill the house and Brian fills the garage. Then I thought about the amount of stuff I have in the garage and decided that would be inaccurate. The second thing I realized was that most of the books I own are cookbooks, books about food and books about running/fitness. If you look through my Amazon wish list you will see the same thing. I came to the conclusion that I have an obsession to put it lightly.

We have all been finding our niches in this place we call home. I have been able to see the areas here that create stress for me. Aside from that I am finding it a challenge to keep some of the Changes I made in Kenya function in this society. Of which I cannot really describe at the moment. I am fearful that the relationship I developed with God is going to diminish. I realized the other day that I have to be far more intentional about making change, correcting my own attitude and functioning differently here. Even my kids have had some challenges in adjusting.

I have felt the pull to finish school. I have been attending college on and off since the fall of 2000. In the next few years I will finally finish my associates degree (baby steps here people). I have been pouring over course info and class schedules for the last several days trying to figure out my class schedule for the next year, if possible. All this time I have avoided math. This year I buckle down and make it through all the math I need. After I finish my associates I will begin work on my bachelors in Fitness and Nutrition. I am trying to plan my classes here to cover what I will need there.

One of the things I have decided to dedicate myself to is living my life. I know, it sounds strange, but how many of us decide we can't, or shouldn't do something or say we will do it later. I am SO guilty of this. Making excuses not to do something has been my motto for years. I now realize that life is meant to be lived and I will take advantage of that. I want to engage myself in things that I am interested in and move on in activities that interest me. One of which is school another is to take some sewing classes. My goal is to be more open in relationships and I have to say this one is hard for me since I still struggle with some insecurity issues but I WILL try.

For those of you who read, and still read, this blog I cannot thank you enough for the love and encouragement you have shown me. It has been a pleasure to write out these things and to know that there are actually people reading them. I will try to maintain this blog as well as the picture taking, another interest. I am blessed to have you all in my life!! Thank you!!!

2 comments:

  1. 1. I am overly fond of cookbooks as well.
    2. As long as you approach self growth with an open and active awareness you will be successful. It isn't an easy journey, but not much is. There is a book called "Essential Spirituality" either by Walsh or Welsh. It's very good and an easy read.
    3. Please keep up the blog and the photos!!! I love reading it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog! I am a friend of Weasel's from OSU over 13 years ago, and we have totally lost touch. I was looking for him on facebook, and thinking "maybe he is married, maybe one of these Casady last names will have pics of him...maybe" and then I found this blog. I haven't had a chance to read much of it but I plan on it soon, I just loved looking over the pictures. Tell Weasel Sean Harper says "hi" and what a blessing to see some pictures of the wonderful life he is living. He can email or friend me on facebook seanmeri@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete