We have officially found an apartment in Nairobi. With the help of a property manager and our friend Mutisya we have found a place that suits us well. For only one hundred dollars more than our mortgage we are getting a place with four bedrooms, two baths and access to a swimming pool. Brian will sign papers today and start looking at options in furnishing the place. From the pictures the place in Nairobi will be nicer than my house here...
I still have not started packing. I have been able to find projects that have nothing to do with getting ready to leave. I have also decided that I am feeling a bit of stress about my race. I am getting a little nervous and feeling like I haven't done as much as I should have to prepare. I am very happy that I will have this behind me after Sunday. None of my family will be there so I have to admit that I am dealing with feeling a little sorry for myself and trying not to take it personally.
As I write this I have the pleasure of basking in the scent of gingerbread. My bonus parents brought over several containers of pear sauce the other day. Since it is my turn to bring food to small group I searched for recipes and found a Spicy Gingerbread with Cinnamon Pear Sauce cake. Next is carrot muffins and maybe some fruit crisps. Our neighbor brought over more apples. I guess he knew I needed distractions from packing.
We are still looking for the perfect renter, is that possible? I am trying desperately to keep my cool and maintain some order at home. Yesterday I wanted to disappear for a while. Today is better, so far.
Again, I am blessed by you all in my life! Thank you for joining us on this trip.
Oh my gosh Peggy! I missed home group tonight because it's my sister's birthday today and we had a birthday party for her. I MISSED YOUR TREATS!! >:( I am angry about this shenanigan. (spell?) I'm sure they were DELISH!
ReplyDelete